Bakir S. Mohammad
Faculty Member, Department of Ethics, Philosophy and Religion at King’s Academy
I am rather keen to advance myself educationally, I am able to adapt current skills to most situations. Due to my expertise in academia – as well as working with the community and public institutions, I have developed excellent teaching and communication skills and I can create and maintain links with students and colleagues. I work very well as part of a team as well as on my own initiative. I aspire to new challenges and situations.
Faculty Member at King’s Academy
August 2016 – Present
– Teaching all aspects Islamic Theology and Middle Eastern Studies across grades 9, 10, 11 & 12.
– Develop and devise new courses with a focus on multi-disciplinary approaches;
– Co-coach co-curricular activities such as: Ultimate Frisbee & Football;
– Hold lectures on counter-terrorism and organise “raise awareness” campaigns.
Faculty Member, Philosophy & Religion Department at Deerfield Academy
July 2017 – November 2017 (5 months)
– Exchange Faculty Member in Philosophy and ReligionDepartment
– Courses taught : “Religions of the World” & “Ethics” across grades 9, 10, 11 & 12;
– Carry out tasks and duties of Dean of Spiritual & Ethical Life,
– Co-coaching football (soccer);
Religious Education Teacher/Volunteer
January 2016 – August 2016 (8 months)
– Teaching all aspects RE through KS3 & KS4;
– Planning and partaking in afterschool club activities;
– Assisting with ‘Homework Club’;
– Supervising creative activities and outdoor trips.
Arabic and RE Teacher
December 2015 – August 2016 (9 months)
– Teaching all aspects of Arabic through KS3 & KS4 as well as extra curriculum studies;
– Train students in formal written communication in Arabic;
– Instruct school students in Modern Standard Arabic;
– Employ resources such as Smart Boards, the Internet, and Tablet PC;
– Modify and build curriculum with headteacher and the Languages Department;
– Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school.
Arabic GCSE Teacher
November 2015 – August 2016 (10 months)
-Provided accurate and objective description of the curriculum, citing specific evidence;
-Maintained accurate instructional and non-instructional records;
-Managed and communicated the Arabic Edexcel GCSE instructional programme;
-Participated actively in the professional learning community.
-Train students in phonetics, grammatical sentence construction, verbal fluency, etc.
Arabic & Islamic Theology Teacher
October 2012 – December 2015 (3 years 3 months)
– Teaching Arabic and Islamic Studies to beginners, and intermediate students;
-Communicate effectively with children and help them to develop their understanding and confidence;
-Develop pupils’s communication, writing, social skills within a creative atmosphere;
-Assisting in organising kid’s camps and in running of youth clubs, in addition to organising extra- curricula activities for the pupils.
University of Glasgow
PhD Candidate, Theology & Religious Studies, 2017 – 2020
University of Oxford, Department for Continuing Education
Certificate, History, Politics & Society, 2017 – 2017
Newman University Birmingham
Master of Arts – MA, Islamic Studies, 2014 – 2015
Global University, Lebanon
Higher National Diploma, Islamic Ideology and Philosophy, 2009 – 2012