Bogus conferences are becoming pretty common nowadays. Regrettably, there is no site that lists legitimate conferences. However, there are a few ways to recognize whether a conference is reputable or not.
- Find out which are the established international research conferences in your field. Your seniors, any professor in the department, or even a senior colleague should be able to help you create a short list of reputable conferences since they have been in the field for years. You may use their experience before making decision to which research conference you would like to send your research.
- If a conference is not on that list, it does not necessarily mean that it is not legitimate. There is a possibility that the international research conference is fairly new or it might be slightly outside your research area.
- If you happen to come across such conferences, look up the people who are on the organizing committee. If they are well-known and active researchers in the field, the conference is probably reputable. However, there are some scam conferences who use the names of popular researchers without their knowledge, so it’s always a good idea to cross-check with your advisor.
- Reputable conferences don’t send emails to individuals: conferences are generally advertised through call for papers. When you receive a Call for paper, do check out the conference website where the managing organization has been provided their past international research conferences or their proceedings. Checkout the participants names and universities they represent. It would give you an idea if the international research conference is truly international or not. Moreover, the research topics of the participants would inform you somewhat about the depth and quality of research.
- Another good way to identify a reputable international research conference is to look up the list the speakers in the past years. If they are established researchers in your field, the conference is probably reputable. However, the level of the conference may not be great if just one two of the speakers are well-known. If at least half of the speakers are known names in your field, the conference might be good to attend.
- Genuine conference organizers place genuine, real life pictures of their past international research conferences. You might find videos and testimonials of the past participants with their linkedin profiles.
- Diversity and inclusion is always enhances the beauty of international research conferences which leads to great learning and networking experience.
- Authentic international research conferences are not only recognized and partnered with well-known research bodies but also the editorial board is comprised on known researchers from varied geographical backgrounds.
- Conference proceedings of authentic international research conferences are usually published by international publishers with a unique ISBN for each conference proceedings.
- It is also significant to observe the frequency of publications of papers presented in such international research conferences, in high quality journals. Affiliation of these international research conferences with renowned research journals, itself enhance their credibility.
Conference search is a science as well as an art; be careful when you decide to opt a conference to send your research.